I have been thinking about this for a few days, and decided to post it. In a sense it's an encouragement to do things I want to, not a list of things I should but won't do. This means cutting down on the copious amounts of sweets I devour or exercising more are automatically excluded, although I would like both to happen... Back to reality. This is a sort of declaration of intentions which will make me sound like a pompous ass... So here are my resolutions for the next 365 days:
1. Finish Vanity Fair - I have been reading the thing for nearly 2 months and only been through 350 pages out of 800. True, I have been promiscuous (thanks for the word Andreia, I loved it...) and been reading a French novel for French class, but nevertheless this is a shameful reading rate for me;
2. To read To Kill a Mockingbird, The Origin of Species (it's 150 years old and I have been devouring all Darwin programmes the BBC has chosen to show), the fourth volume of À la Recherche du Temps Perdu (in Portuguese translation, since I finish volume 3 quite a while back), a French novel outside French class and re-read Os Maias (hopefully a few more as well);
3. Read two books people have lend me around Christmas and I would like to return;
4. Read a few more living authors (Harper Lee is still alive, so that's one...);
5. Stop buying books until the unread list has been considerably reduced (at a glance, around 30 in shelves here in London, including 3 I bought yesterday). My gut instinct tells me I won't keep to this one...
6. Stop buying DVDs (kinda ties with point 5 only there are way more than 30...) - even less likely to happen;
7. Finally watch (since I already paid for them) Der Blaue Angel, La Règle du Jeu, The Lodger (1944), Cleopatra (1934) and The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind so I can return the DVD to its rightful owner;
8. Watch the whole Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister again.